Sunday 20 October 2013

Ryder hoping a return to NewZealand


By on 13:23

NewZealand batsman Jessie Ryder is hoping to make a return to his team for the upcoming series against India and West Indies. Ryder was banner for 6 months after the test against him for drugs was positive.

"My main goal is to play for New Zealand again," Ryder stated "All going well, I'd like to push for the West Indies tour. But, definitely, the main aim is to try and earn a call up in time for that Indian tour if they don't pick me for the West Indies tour."


NewZealand is playing 3 tests and 5 ODI's and two T20 matches against West Indies. It is immediately after the Indian tour where NZ will play five ODI's and Two tests in January and Febraury. If Ryder wants to impress selectors, he has perform remarkably well in two Plunket Shield matches and four HRV Cup matches in NewZealand.

Ryder's domestic performance in 2012 was very impressive that he scored 1479 runs with an average of 49.30 in all formats. In march 2013 Ryder was attacked outside a bar in a Christchurch and spend two days in coma which he struggles to remember what actually happened.

''I look back and think I am lucky not to be dead,'' Ryder said. "'I couldn't really believe it. I didn't know where I was, what had happened. Someone told me I'd been jumped, hit from behind and had whacked my head. It was just black. I just woke up all of a sudden after 56 hours or so, I think it was, just bang, like that."

Related: India tour to South Africa likely in December

About Predictionspot

Predictionspot is a all about cricket predictions. Every match is predicted by the experts and cricket enthusiasts and displayed in the website for FREE!